There's much to see here. So, so many WONDERFUL Pets! Take
your time, look around, fall in love. When you see the perfect dog,
cat, puppy or kitten for your family, click the "Adoption Application"
button below the photos to start the adoption process.
If you would like to see more images of the pet you have fallen in
love with, click the "Adopt-a-Pet" badge at left -- if we have more
photos, that's where you can easily view them.
Adopting a pet from the Somerset-Pulaski County Humane Society is not like going to the county shelter to adopt a dog. To ensure that each of our pets get the best possible home, you MUST complete an adoption application (links to the applications are found under the photos of our adoptable dogs and cats, respectively). If you haven't already done so, please be sure to read about our Adoption Process completing an application.
After you complete an application, there are several things that we will do:
1. We will check your personal references. Please be sure to list two personal references and include a phone number and an email address. (form asks for one; but I like two)
2. If you do not own your place of residence, we will call your landlord or leasing office. Please check with them first to learn about their pet policy.
3. We will call your veterinarian for a reference. We are looking for a history of annual exams, vaccines maintained routinely, annual heart worm tests and monthly preventatives. We require the following:
4. If you are a 1st time pet owner, please include the name and phone number of the veterinarian you plan to use.
5. Be sure to call your Vet(s), giving them permission to speak with us.
6. We may need to do a home visit prior to approving your application, or post adoption. If this is not acceptable, please do not apply.
Bella is a energetic girl that has done good with her crate training. She is loving and can be vocal. Around 30 lbs. She does not like cats!
If you haven't already done so, please be sure to read about our Adoption Process completing an application. You are not BUYING your new family member from us, you are ADOPTING him or her. The process is important to ensure that the pet you are interested in is right for you and your lifestyle, and that they will be happy in your world too!
Beautiful Joan Jett is a special needs kitty, as she is deaf and FIV positive. She is approximately 4 years old. A small and pretty kitty, she has had a rough time . She was kept in a garage since March, and just wants to be loved now. Unfortunately she is kept in a bedroom with her foster due to her FIV. Jett needs a home where she is the only pet and would do better in an adult only home as she startles very easily. If you can give her the loving home she longs for please submit an application today!
If you haven't already done so, please be sure to read about our Adoption Process BEFORE completing an application. You are not BUYING your new family member from us, you are ADOPTING him or her. The process is important to ensure that the pet you are interested in is right for you and your lifestyle, and that they will be happy in your world too!
Includes vaccinations, spay or neuter, microchip for identification, testing for disease, worming and flea and tick medication.
Less than 6 months old
More than 6 months old
Please note: We are required by law to add 6% KY Sales Tax to our adoption fees.
...with our general number of 606-451-2367.
Until further notice please call the clinic number for assistance from the Somerset-Pulaski County Humane Society. 606-416-8167